Remarks: Wartime production by DHA Mascot. Demobbed and sold ex RAAF Cunderdin, WA, and registered VH-BNI on 28 January 1949. Stored at Maylands until sold to Kingsford Smith Aviation Services in July 1950 and ferried to Sydney. Sold to Malaya but went instead to a property in Queensland, and subsequently numerous private owners. Currently based at Luskintyre and seen here departing after the Antique Aeroplane Association of Australia's National Fly-in.
Remarks: This is one of those tricky ones! The original WB518 was built for the RAN and delivered in 1950. In 1965 it was delivered to Bankstown for disposal and eventually bought by the town of Griffith, NSW, as a war memorial and mounted on a pole in the centre of town. After VH-HMW/WD828 crashed in 1987, WB518 was removed from its pole and the forward fuselage and centre-section was used to rebuild WD828. The corresponding bits from WD828 were used to reconstruct WB518, and it was re-mounted on its pole.