Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expected Release: 09-20-2005 - Dragon Wings MAS B747-400 1:400 Scale (Hibiscus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected Release: 09-20-2005 - Dragon Wings MAS B747-400 1:400 Scale (Hibiscus)

Oh Jebus. i cant wait for this.... Have already pre-ordered it via eztoyz.

Inactive from May 1 2009.

I picked up the Phoenix version some time ago. It's very nice. I'm hoping they do the new 777 as well.

Regardless, I'll check out the Dragon version just for comparison. Sometimes there's some fun errors. If so, I'll pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
      I picked up the Phoenix version some time ago. It's very nice. I'm hoping they do the new 777 as well.

Regardless, I'll check out the Dragon version just for comparison. Sometimes there's some fun errors. If so, I'll pick it up.
      When was the Phoenix version released?

If they will ever do copy the *Freedom of space* livery,, You know..the blue one for promoting MAS' J class.on a B772 I will freak out.....

Comment

I'd REALLY expect that they would, the Hibiscus one sold pretty quick. It would be great to have though, the two are among my favourite liverys out there.

The Phoenix one is here.

Comment

I'd REALLY expect that they would, the Hibiscus one sold pretty quick. It would be great to have though, the two are among my favourite liverys out there.

The Phoenix one is here.
          Hmmm only 600x made??

Im glad I ordered the Dragon instead. maybe its me or just the picture I dont like about their PHX's mould. It looks way off. example the white tail colour..

I have 15 models coming to me, and reaching tops at 75pieces. Some Aeroclassics and Gemini plus small quantity of Dragons..

Comment

I'm not really sure, it looks good to me. Though colour vision isn't that good for me

A friend showed me the two Air Canada A340's in the new colours compared to a painted piece of tape from an actual plane, the Dragon colour was way off. I'd NEVER have seen it if I hadn't looked at them both for almost an hour.

Comment

I'm not really sure, it looks good to me. Though colour vision isn't that good for me

A friend showed me the two Air Canada A340's in the new colours compared to a painted piece of tape from an actual plane, the Dragon colour was way off. I'd NEVER have seen it if I hadn't looked at them both for almost an hour.
              Really.. Im not really suprised to read your statements..
              I mean DW had been way of regarding the right (real) colours on their mould.

It just now that they are realyl progressing getting the right blend of colours.

Same goes for Herpa.. I like their small Boeings and Airbus 1:400th scale

Herpa are good on small models and I wish I could say the same as the bigger models. but hmmmm.. apparently not...

But they are getting there... Better.. I must say..

HERPA LH B707 in 400th scale

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                Really.. Im not really suprised to read your statements..
                I mean DW had been way of regarding the right (real) colours on their mould.

It just now that they are realyl progressing getting the right blend of colours.
                I think theres jsut too many models coming out now. In the past it doesn't seem like there were as many, and now with all these ones coming out, people are getting picky.

Reading some of the forums for the models is kinda funny, people dump on the SLIGHTEST mistake.

'Well, your Korean 747's are .00001% too blue. WHAT TRASH!'

The Lufthansa/Condo 747 set had people arguing if the crane on the LH tails were a little too thick.. ?! Damn, despite what it says on the box, they're basically TOYS! Some of those guys need to relax.

I myself won't worry about italic font on the WardAir 747's being .01% degree off. It's still a pretty cool model.

On the plus side I guess it makes the manufacturers take notice of their work.

Some mistakes are bad though, like "Moscow Exress" insted of "Express" or the "PP"s on the Philippine Airlines 747 from BigBird.

The PP thing isn't enough to stop me from wanting it though, it's a great livery.

Comment

I think theres jsut too many models coming out now. In the past it doesn't seem like there were as many, and now with all these ones coming out, people are getting picky.
                  Reading some of the forums for the models is kinda funny, people dump on the SLIGHTEST mistake.
                  'Well, your Korean 747's are .00001% too blue. WHAT TRASH!'
                  The Lufthansa/Condo 747 set had people arguing if the crane on the LH tails were a little too thick.. ?! Damn, despite what it says on the box, they're basically TOYS! Some of those guys need to relax.
                  I myself won't worry about italic font on the WardAir 747's being .01% degree off. It's still a pretty cool model.
                  On the plus side I guess it makes the manufacturers take notice of their work.
                  Yeah.. I have seen those. They are just like .. too entusiastic about this hobby.. Like you said.. Its just toys... some real expensive toys..
                  Some mistakes are bad though, like "Moscow Exress" insted of "Express" or the "PP"s on the Philippine Airlines 747 from BigBird.
                  The PP thing isn't enough to stop me from wanting it though, it's a great livery.
                  At least they should've get rid of their workers who cant spell. But sure is funny. I wouldnt get that one though. Btw was it first after you got the model that you found out that they spelled that wrong?.

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                    At least they should've get rid of their workers who cant spell. But sure is funny. I wouldnt get that one though. Btw was it first after you got the model that you found out that they spelled that wrong?.
                    Nope, I don't have the "Moscow Exress" model, it was sold out before my collecting days. The biggest errors I have that I know of are things like wrong reg#. No big deal though, still looks great on the shelves.

Comment

Nope, I don't have the "Moscow Exress" model, it was sold out before my collecting days. The biggest errors I have that I know of are things like wrong reg#. No big deal though, still looks great on the shelves.
                      Yeah.. the reg # is no big deal. Looks good on a glass display case ..

Comment

The way I figure it, most do....despite the errors.

The Dragon Wings Air Canada 747 witht he backwards Singapore'85 titles still look good. I have the correct Aeroclassics version myself, but I WOULD like to get the Dragon one...Mostly because it comes in a twin pack with a white tail AC 747 that I REALLY want.

This one.

Comment

The way I figure it, most do....despite the errors.

The Dragon Wings Air Canada 747 witht he backwards Singapore'85 titles still look good. I have the correct Aeroclassics version myself, but I WOULD like to get the Dragon one...Mostly because it comes in a twin pack with a white tail AC 747 that I REALLY want.
                          Dude.. That's on my list too..

The white schemed 747 looks so great..

Comment

Heres an odd one.....I can't find any info on this model at all. In the databases it's listed as the Air Canada 747 with the Team Canada logo. But this has no Team Canada logo and chinese(?) titles.

The wings 900 entry for that model is here.

It did come in the special packaging though....hrmm!

Yep, that white tail is great looking.

Comment

Yep, that white tail is great looking.
                              The hell with the Team canada logo. I'd say that chinese letters loks good on its fuselage... Maybe wrong wording on the box ?

Comment

Working...
                              X